Automated Vulnerability Scan To Protect Your Businessgiusel
What Is A Vulnerability Scan?
A vulnerability scan is an automated process that identifies vulnerabilities (security holes) in any software, operating system, or network that bad actors can exploit. In essence, it’s an integral component of vulnerability management focused on protecting businesses from breaches and the exposure of sensitive data.
Vulnerability Scan vs. Penetration Testing
Sometimes people confuse vulnerability scanning with penetration testing due both methods are used to identify vulnerabilities. However, their differences improve network security when you implement them together. Let’s see the differences:
- Vulnerability scanning is an automated process that returns vulnerability results in several minutes or extended hours. However, penetration testing requires an ethical white-hat hacker to explore your network’s complexities to exploit weaknesses in your systems.
- With a vulnerability scan, you can only identify vulnerabilities, while with a penetration tester, you can identify the root cause of the vulnerability.
- The tester also uses penetration testing tools to look for business logic vulnerabilities that an automatic scanner might miss.
- Vulnerability scanners tools display the possible solutions for each vulnerability, while the penetration tester fixes vulnerabilities for you.
How Do Vulnerability Scanners Tools Work?
Although a vulnerability scanning tool works automatically, you must add the IP or IP range that you want to scan. For each device, the scanner identifies any user authentication, application, system, open ports, sensitive information, o event that can be a potential vulnerability. These vulnerability results are identified by assessing each host item with rules defined in Network Vulnerability Test (NVT) ‘s databases.
After the scan process, vulnerability scanners tools usually display a vulnerabilities list with their severity, possible solutions, and other details. Keep in mind that this scan only shows gaps in your security environment. It’s up to you to take action to correct them.
What Can You Find In UTMStack’s Vulnerability Management?
UTMStack delivers within its Vulnerability Management solution a full-featured vulnerability scanner. Its capabilities include:
- Unauthenticated and authenticated testing.
- Various high-level and low-level Internet and industrial protocols.
- Performance tuning for large-scale scans.
- Powerful internal programming language to implement any type of vulnerability test.
The scanner is accompanied by a vulnerability tests feed with a long history and daily updates. This is powered by the Greenbone Community Feed, which includes more than 50,000 vulnerability tests. It is also reinforced by UTMStack additional AI-powered event correlation engine.
UTMStack cloud assessments reveal misconfigurations and vulnerability in cloud environments. Whether you are running your infrastructure on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or OVH, the vulnerability assessment will work the same.
Please click on the image to request a free demo or contact us through our support chat to learn more about the cost-effective UTMStack Vulnerability Scan.